Better Homes and Gardens â€“ Walmart Gift Card Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
1. Eligibility: The Better Homes and Gardens â€“ Walmart Gift Card Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees, officers, and representatives of Better Homes and Gardens, Meredith Corporation, Bartlett Interactive , and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members of each such individual, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrantâ€™s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsorâ€™s and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes and Fragrance of the Month Sample Program. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Better Homes and Gardens, 1716 Locust Street, Des Moines, IA 50309-3023
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins once the Fragrance of the Month Sample Program has reached 5,000 entries each month (no specific time period). The Sweepstakes will end on the evening before the next fragrance is released in the Fragrance of the Month program. Two Open Entry Timing Periods will occur during this Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During the Open Entry Timing Period, you can participate in the Sweepstakes by using the application (the "Application") on the Fragrance of the Month tab on the BHG Live Better Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bhglivebetter. You can follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form including an e-mail address. Potential winners of the Sweepstakes will receive notification after entering the Sweepstakes successfully that they will be e-mailed if they are a winner. All potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules before any prize will be awarded. Administrator is responsible for the functionality of the Sweepstakes. Limit: Each entrant may enter one (1) time during the Open Entry Timing Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entry and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification (and all associated entries will be void). Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, delayed, inaccurate, garbled or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. The â€śauthorized account holderâ€ť is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. ALL POTENTIAL ENTRANTS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION OF ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH THESE TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE FRAGRANCE OF THE MONTH PROGRAM TAB SHOULD INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANTâ€™S ELIGIBILITY AND HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS.
6. Sweepstakes Winner Selection and Verification: Winning is contingent upon verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Administrator is an independent organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. There will be one (1) winner during the Open Entry Timing Period. If any potential winner cannot be contacted or if prize is returned as undeliverable or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, potential winner forfeits prize. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 4-6 weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
7. Prizes: One (1) Walmart Gift Card. Approximate Retail Value (â€śARVâ€ť): $100.00 each. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Sweepstakes entries. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. Winners are responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prizes will be awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES: $200.00.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner's consent to Sponsor's and its designeesâ€™ use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown, and state for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, in any manner, worldwide in perpetuity, without further payment or consideration, notification or permission.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud, technical failures, or any other factor impairs the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the non-suspect eligible, non-winning entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated prize claims, and/or registrations. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneysâ€™ fess) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Release: By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Better Homes and Gardens, Meredith Corporation, New Media Strategies, Bartlett Interactive, and any promotional partners, each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliate, and related companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively the â€śReleased Partiesâ€ť) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim, or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Sweepstakes or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, typographical, printing or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, or network hardware, or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) other errors or problems, whether printing, typographical, technical, computer, network, human or otherwise which may occur in connection with the Sweepstakes, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrantâ€™s participation in the Sweepstakes, or receipt, or use of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrantâ€™s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible, non-winning entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court in Des Moines, Iowa or the appropriate Iowa State Court; (ii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes and in no event will entrant be permitted to obtain attorneys' fees or other legal costs; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Iowa, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Iowa or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Iowa.
14. Winners List: For a winners list, please e-mail BHGLiveBetter@meredith.com by April 1, 2012.